Praesent nunc felis, scelerisque a auctor vitae, dignissim eu dolor. Nunc lacinia commodo felis eget bibendum. Pellentesque vel purus nulla. Praesent euismod aliquet odio, auctor fermentum nunc condimentum quis.
- Prep Time : 40 minutes
- Cook Time : 30 minutes
- Yield : 2 plates
Nutrition facts (per portion) :
Calories: 210 calories;
- Soak dried mushrooms in boiling water for about 30 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms, chop and set aside.
- Strain soaking liquid. Discard solids and reserve 1 cup soaking liquid.
- Sauté beef on all sides or until browned. Add onion, ginger, and garlic. Fry couple of minutes. Stir in reserved soaking liquid, 2 cups broth, brown sugar, soy sauce, sake, Sichuan pepper, star anise, clove, dried chilies and cinnamon stick.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour. Stir in mushrooms.
- Cover and simmer 40 minutes or until beef is tender.
- Remove beef mixture with a slotted spoon. Discard star anise, cloves, dried chilies, and cinnamon stick.
- Bring remaining liquid to a boil, cook until reduced to 1 cup.
- Serve sprinkled with green onions and sesame oil over rice with sauce.